Not having a mobile site to engage the 30% of Google queries from Mobile users is like not opening on a Thursday – literally closing your doors.
Eric Schmidt, Google CEO has said that in three years or so desktops will give way to mobile as the primary screen from which most people will consume information and entertainment.
He has also said…
There are many reasons why as a website owner ensuring your website is mobile enabled…
- 9/10 mobile users have taken action due to a mobile search
- 84% of mobile users use search throughout the day
- 82% take action the same day
- 79% of top advertisers do not have a mobile site
- 71% search on smartphones because they saw an advert on TV or other media.
- 73% find a specific manufacturer or product website
- 71% learn about a product or service after seeing an ad
- 63% search before purchasing offline in a store or from a catalogue
- 1/3 of searches from Mobile devices are for local content.
Your current website
- Contains Flash and those elements don’t display on smartphone devices.
- Does not display correctly on the smaller screens of mobile devices.
- Loses visitors because they have to scroll left, right up & down to read content.
- Is not listed in mobile search engines.
- is not tailored to Mobile users who have different needs to other users and are more likely to take action.
- Does not make it easy for a Mobile visitor to take action.
- Like 95% of all websites will not fit mobile devices.
- Mobile searches are primarily for phone, contact and address information.
- Loads very slowly on mobile devices.
If you’re in accommodation or hospitality 30% of searches in your market are already being made from mobile devices.
In the eyes of Google mobile websites are totally different from desktop websites. In fact Google has a completely different search engine index of mobile sites.
This is Google’s mobile search engine for mobile device users which is different from the main Google.co.nz search engine.
The only way to get indexed in Google’s mobile search engine is to have the proper code, settings and functionality.
Google has stated that it will ignore any website that does not have mobile compatible code in their mobile search engine.
Many mobile users are inclined to take immediate, “real-world” action and are more likely to do so than their PC counterparts.
According to Google’s Surojit Chatterjee, “Mobile users are more prone to take immediate action. People searching on mobile have a higher intent. The time between intent and action has been narrowed.”
… And Google is all about the visitor experience!
Right now Google is including most results from their main search engine in the mobile results but as mobile technology evolves they will start to only index mobile compatible sites in their mobile search engine. (Learn more at Google webmaster blogs).
To have a mobile compatible site it must be written in proper markup language (web code) that Google understands so they can index your mobile website in their mobile search engine and visitors can find you.
And this is what we do – we create a mobile compatible websites that google can understand.